Day Eighteen- Hop on Hop off and Swimming Pool

This morning we slept in quite late which felt super nice! It was about noon before we had brunch at the cafe next door to our hostel.

What's really nice about our hostel is that it's right by the town square/marketplace on the water. That means we are right in the middle of all of the tourist attractions! We walked less than a block and picked up the hop on hop off bus. On the ride we learned about the history of Norway's second largest city. 

One thing I love about Bergen is its small-town character. The main part of the city is in a valley between 7 different mountains. Only 10% of the 250,000 people who live in Bergen reside in that main area- the other 90% live on the other side of the mountains. This makes the city seem a lot smaller than it actually is.  

 

2B5D20F4-1C79-4C20-B461-F0FA215117F9.JPG
DAFC011A-665B-4439-A5FF-32CDE34414BC.JPG
3030ADA8-52F8-4933-A71E-19DAB1C14FC3.JPG

I love all of the colors of the cute little houses!  

After our tour, it started to rain. Since I've been craving a hot tub, we went to the community pool for the afternoon. Alexander didn't think he would like it since he generally doesn't like pools, but he changed his mind after going down the slides several times!  

We went back to the fish market for dinner and splurged on a seafood platter! It had king crab, crayfish, shrimp and mussels! It was also a cool experience because we were in the market tent by a heat lamp watching the rain pour over the port.  

5BBA1A7C-CE71-47F0-9724-536D32628B58.JPG

We are now in our room chatting with our roommates and watching movies!